宮崎ハロー英会話のミニレッスン 70: ポチっと押したら猫が出る！？ When you press the Pochi button, out comes a cat!?
The internet has changed the world. We can get information about anything very easily and quickly, and we can talk and send emails, photos and videos to our friends and family anywhere in the world. The internet is great, but for some reason videos about cats are very popular. On YouTube, Facebook or webpages we can see a lot of cat videos. I think the reason is cats are very cute, intelligent and like to play. Here are some English idioms and expressions about cats. Try to match the idiom and the meaning:
1. Has the cat got your tongue? a. Say this when someone who is frightened when there is no reason to be.
2. Look what the cat dragged in! b. Say this when it’s raining very heavily.
3. Don’t be a scaredy-cat! c. Say this to someone when you are annoyed because they will not speak.
4. It’s raining cats and dogs. d. Say this when someone is asking too many questions (they are too curious).
5. Curiosity killed the cat. e. Say this when someone arrives looking very untidy or dirty.
1-c, 2-e, 3-a, 4-b, 5-d